Wednesday, April 3, 2013

BIG NEWS!!!!!

WE GOT A REFERRAL!!!!


I am sure lots of you already know, but for those of you that havent heard yet we accepted a referral for our little boy on Feburary 25th. On Friday Februrary 22nd I was at home with the girls and got a phone call from Alicia at our agency. I didnt recognize the phone number, because she was at home that day calling from her cell phone. I almost didnt answer because I didnt recognize the number, but am so glad I did. She talked for a bit and I was telling her how I was about to head out to the agency to drop some things off for the Thomas Center. After telling her that I started to wonder why she would be calling me from her house, then she said "Kelli, I have some good news!" my first response was " no way, do we have a referral?" and she said "Yes" then I went on to say " SHUT-UP" ( i know nice response) I was so excited I started crying and pacing the room. The girls were following me around asking what I was doing and what was wrong. " You have a brother!!" I said. We were so excited!!
Alicia went on to tell me about our boy, I was so overjoyed and excited I couldnt control myself. At the end of our conversation she said she had emailed me his pictures. As soon as we hung up I called Ethan of course and told him I was on my way to his office so we could look at our son together for the first time. Once the girls and I got to the office we all sat down together and opened up the email and saw our beautiful son for the first time. " He is perfect" Ethan said. With tears in our eyes we just starred at him and then of course called Nana, Papa, Grandma, Aunts and Uncles and told them that we got our referral:)

So since then we have been submitted to court. We found out 2 weeks ago that the first court date which is the guardian court date is scheduled for May 8th. If court passes that day then we will get assigned our court date. We are praying that we will be traveling by or around the beginning of June to meet our son and go to our first court date. If that passes we are praying we will be bringing him home by the end of August or sooner.

Although this is amazing news, there is still a lot of waiting and paperwork that needs to be done before we bring our boy home. It has been extrememly hard waiting now that we have a picture of our boy. We love him so much already and just want to bring him home now! I know that God has perfect timing and that he will be home in our arms at the right time.


Son- You are beautiful:) As soon as I looked at your picture I fell in love with you . I cannot wait to kiss your big cheeks and rock you to sleep at night. The last month and a half have been extremely hard. I wake up at night thinking about you and praying for you . Praying that you are being cared for well, wondering if you have smiled for the first time yet, wondering what your cry sounds like and just praying that everything speeds up so we can have you home.

We just moved into our new house last weekend. The crib is in your room and Dad is gonna get it all set up. Tons of friends and family have given me the cutest little boy clothes and I cannot wait to see you in them. The girls picked out a special baby blanket for you and they cant wait to hand it to you .

We sent a package to a family that is coming to the Thomas Center in the next couple of weeks to meet their son, and they are gonna get it to you . The girls drew you a picture and wrote your  name all by themseleves. We sent you some cute little onesies, and sweats:)

I pray for you everday and think about you constantly. I am so excited to hold you for the first time and to introduce you to our wonderful big family that love you so much already.

Thank you Lord for our little boy:)

We love you to the moon and back son:)

Love,
    Mom



3 comments:

Unknown said...

We r so happy for you guys!!!!!!! Congrats, we are excited to hear the good news of him coming home.

Love,

The norton's

Unknown said...

Your prayers have been answered. So much more love to share with your son. It makes my heart fill with overwhelming joy for all of you, xoxo.
Love Heidi.

Unknown said...

Oh my I'm just balling. Prayers for your little one and for endurance for you and Ethan as you anxiously await to cuddle your sweet babe. May God protect him and may His angels care for him tenderly as you wait. God is so good!