Tuesday, October 23, 2012

" Be still, and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10


Well, it has almost been 3 months since my last post. We have not been updated that we have moved up any on the waiting list for our Boy. :( The last couple of months have been so busy that I actually didnt have much time to sit and think about it much, but now that everything has slowed down I find myself thinking about our boy everyday.  The good news is that things have been moving  in Ethiopia and referrals are coming through:)

Son- Lucy and Madeline ask about you all the time:) They are going to have so much fun having a little brother. They are really loving disney princesses right now and pretend most of the day they are a princess. They have tea partys, play wedding, play house, play restaurant, pretend they are at the library or the grocery store checkout. I am sure once you are home they will have you being the prince or the daddy when they play house. 

We are moving! Yep!!! We are very excited. We are building a house in Bellingham up off of Barkley and the house should be done around February. We already know where your room will be and I am so excited to get it all set up for you .

Your Auntie Alyssa and Uncle Alex got married the beginning of September.It was such a beautiful , and fun celebration. Your sisters were adorable flower girls and did such a good job:)

These last few days I have been thinking about you often, praying for you , and often times just wondering if you are born? What your little smile looks like? What it will feel like the first time I see a picture or you , or the first time Dad and I hold you in our arms. What it will be like to bring you home to see Lucy and Madeline:) With all theses questions that I have I get so excited, but then also become so anxious and frustrated that you are not home with us. As I write this with tears in my eyes and a big lump in my throat I am reminded that God is in control of everything. He knows who you are , he knows what your smile looks like, he knows how many hairs are on your head, and he knows that exact day that we will lay eyes on you . Today God has told me to " Be still, and know that I am God" (psalm 46:10) He wants me to know that he works all things out for good. He wants me to be still and rest in only the peace that he can give me. He has reminded me today that he is in control of every aspect of this adoption process and that I need to continue to rest in him alone and not in where we are on the referral list or on adoption blogs that I read that may have good or bad news on Ethiopia adoptions. But he wants me to rest in Him alone.

Son, we love you so much already. We pray that you are safe, warm, not hungry, and being well taken care of at this very moment. We cannot wait to meet you :)

If there is anyone that is interested in helping donate to the transition home that the kids live in until they come home please let me know. I am going to try and collect items and trop them off the beginning of November to our adoption agency. Families traveling over there can take them directly to the kids in the trasition home.

Some items needed: Enfamil formula, All sized of disposable diapers, wipes, latex gloves, plastic dolls, crayons, food activity sets, and toy cars.

Thanks!
  -Kelli

No comments: